Our client is a premier online content network for information and entertainment, the brand delves deep into the things people care most about across technology, entertainment and business. Our client builds
media experiences based on the things people love most and work with some of the UK’s leading brands.
As Account Manager you will be responsible for maximising revenue from a territory of major UK agencies and generating new business. You will work across our market leading UK Consumer brands. This particular role is in need of someone that has previous experience across Tech sites/channels.This individual will need to highly motivated, command the respect of both clients and colleagues and demonstrate strong interpersonal and sales skills. They should be a strong team player and a professional with an interest and experience in the online/digital sales marketplace and a strong understanding of content and brand selling.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for account managing, increasing and maximising revenues from named key accounts.
- Developing new business accounts.
- Being accountable for and managing quarterly account planning, strategy and pipeline.
- Directly involved in commercial decisions that impact the strategic direction of the sites.
- Identify market trends to grow incremental revenue and commercial opportunities.
- Liaising with other CBS Interactive business units to maximise overall company sales.
- Must be able to sell on both vertical segments as well as a wider demographic portfolio lead sell.
- Working with Campaign Managers to deliver campaign optimisation, excellent customer service and client retention.
Experience and skills:
- Proven sales experience
- Online advertising sales experience
- Account management experience
- New business development experience
- Face to face agency experience
- Strong administrative and reporting skills
- Successful experience within online media
- Goal driven and resourceful
- Demonstrates leadership skills
- A polished, professional outlook
Competencies for success:
- Presentation skills
- Drive for results
- Time management
- Customer focus
- Learning on the fly
- Peer relationships
- Action oriented.