The Team is responsible for the implementational planning and buying on Radio, Cinema, Outdoor, TV, Video on Demand and Online. These cover sectors as diverse as Fragrances, Razors, Haircare, Femcare, Petcare, Cosmetics and Homecare.
The team is friendly, sociable, hardworking and dedicated, but above all passionate about media. They command a lot of respect within the agency.
Who are they looking for?
- The selected candidate will ideally have a minimum of 5 years+ experience of buying within an agency. Ideally, you will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in AV buying, however you must be a quick learner as you will need to work with a team who plan and buy across all media.
- You need strong negotiation skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain strong and effective relationships with senior media owners.
- You should be a confident individual with a passion for media, and the ambition and desire to work on one of the most challenging clients around.
Specifically the role encompasses:
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Passionate about the media marketplace and technology
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Advanced presentation skills
- Dedicated, hardworking and extremely organised
- Highly analytical with an eye for detail
- Strategic and creative in their approach
- Enthusiastic and passionate for all media
- Ready to coach and influence the development of staff members
- Proactive in understanding clients business not just the media challenge
Account Management (includes but by no means exhaustive)
- Advise client and supply POVs on media owner deal negotiations
- Ensure best in class delivery across all media
- Monthly updates to clients on market conditions
- Ability to rationalise decisions, both verbally and in written form – to Clients, Comms Planners and Directors
- Work closely with the other teams
- Inspire and motivate the client with our ideas beyond conventional solutions
- Manage media owner and other supplier relations
- Respond to ad hoc requests
- Manage the delivery of post campaign analysis and other important documents
Planning / Buying
- Implementational planning across all media
- Demonstrate continuous added value to client through negotiations with media owners
- Deliver innovative and accurate media strategies and plans
- Create monthly forecasts
- Recommend, justify and implement the roles of different media touchpoints in the planning process
- Collaborate with media owners to build longer term partnerships
- Detailed understanding and management of data and optimisation
- Ability to interrogate data and highlight key insights
- Use available research, analysis and audience expertise to gain competitive advantage
- Delivery of buying results to client on a quarterly basis
- Rationalise and upsell new opportunities and emerging media platforms
- Detailed knowledge of buying process and to ensure complete accuracy and high standard is maintained at all times
- Identify new buying / trading opportunities