Our Clients ambition is to be the most exciting place to work for, and to work with, in the industry. They understand that the relationship between consumers, media and technology has fundamentally altered the way brands interact and communicate with their consumers. We believe that in order to navigate this new communications landscape we need to Start from a Different Place. This thought is central to the way we operate with our clients and run our business. At its core the purpose of the AD role is to:
• PASSION FOR OUR CULTURE Demonstrate a passion and energy that directly contributes to our client being the most exciting place to work for, and to work with, in the industry.
• INNOVATIVE PLANNER Deliver compelling and innovative communications plans and outstanding client service for one or more clients.
• COMMERCIAL ACUMEN Deliver financial targets, growing revenue and tracking progress
• Client AMBASSADOR Be an ambassador for our client, connecting across internal and external networks to deliver results and build the brand reputation.
Job Controls – role specific.
The role is to work at AD level:
1. The portfolio of business in terms of billings is large.
2. Staff: Reporting directly into 2 BDs, with support from staff at manager, exec and assistant level across all accounts
3. Personal Specification – skills
• Previous experience of working across Entertainment and Alcohol business is preferable
• Communication across all levels –internal and external
• Proven track record in delivering innovation across all channels
• Strong skills in implementation planning
• Numerate and analytical
• Project mgt
• Commercial – selling value, negotiation, client relationship mgt skills, how to be a trusted business advisor
• Strategic thinking
• Strong interpersonal skills and presentation skills
• People mgt skills
• Problem solving
• Deliver Connections That Count to clients via innovative communication solutions which cement the clients brand ambition and delight clients.
• Utilise strategy and innovation resource and thinking to deliver a compelling and unique core product
• Keep pace with change, continuously working to make sure self and team are at the forefront of current and future industry and client thinking, to deliver fresh client solutions
External Relationship Management
• Use Connections That Count as a platform to engage credibly with clients at senior brand manager and head of marketing level.
• Manage team to ensure they build strong relationships with their counterparts, deliver innovative plans and demonstrate outstanding client service.
• Immerse self and team in clients’ business by understanding their challenges, objectives, external economic environment, competitors and relevant partner agencies
• Act as a business adviser and deliver innovative products and services
• Work with BD/ MP to deliver CRR strategy
• Support BD / MP to challenge and probe client briefs. Make sure team has complete clarity and agreement on client objectives. Take total ownership of some briefs throughout the planning and implementation process.
• Manage ICP – take responsibility for comms plan content to ensure that it delivers innovative on-brief, ambitious solutions
• Present confidently and with impact
• Project manage team to deliver excellent plan execution:
• Proactively analyse relevant data; recommend and action required changes
• Focus team on delivering innovative and accurate plan – relentlessly looking for new and better ways of doing things
• Ensure regular status updates with team, client and specialists – make sure specialists and media owners have the plan detail they need
• Lead post campaign process – evaluating data outputs, feeding back relevant insights into planning cycle
• Be eyes and ears for client relationship and escalate issues as required
• Present confidently and with impact
• Collaborate with BD to focus team resource on looking for new ways to grow business profitably and deliver financial targets
• Understand the scope and content of client contract and lead team to work within the contract constraints (eg credit insurance limits)
• Know all client products and services. Use knowledge to influence and contribute to innovative, ambitious and value driven plan content
• Manage systems for forecasting accurate spend and track progress
• Proactively identify business development opportunities (current and new clients) – using network and expert knowledge of the client.
• Where appropriate (dependent on client and pitch size) lead pitch process in conjunction with BD. Contribute ideas to deliver ambitious and innovative content
• Understand and ‘live’ company values and behaviours supporting team to work passionately and effectively for the company and the client
• Inspire and develop direct reports:
• Motivate the team to understand and ‘live’ Connections That Count
• Set clear direction and provide regular feedback on performance
• Set smart, ambitious PO’S , career development plans and promote personal development
• Hold performance reviews and provide frequent feedback to drive performance, identify high potentials and develop talent
• Deliver relevant ‘on the job’ training to drive collective team knowledge and expertise
• Take personal responsibility for own development, learning and personal objectives – proactively seeking out new learning opportunities to drive performance in role