|The Role Objective
The Account Director must build close relationships at the appropriate level with the client contacts and ensure that they receive cost effective and innovative AV plans, and that all buying targets are achieved to the clients guidelines.
The AD must deliver against the clients tracking price and quality delivery (buying targets, reconciliation and audit performance), implementing systems and processes enabling them to manage all group clients buying performance. They must also have good experience of working with auditors, building professional relationships with them on all audit accounts.
The role requires the AD to:
· Act as day to day senior TV, Radio, Cinema, media promotions and VOD contact on all implementational issues and respond to all client briefs and requests in a timely, professional and efficient manner. Actively seek creative and innovative media solutions.
· Work collaboratively with other disciplines and specialist or creative agencies to deliver an integrated service to generate revenue earning opportunities.
· Co-ordinate the activities of account team members to be able to manage client delivery.
· Lead designated co-ordination responsibilities to deliver departmental objectives.
The AD will also participate in internal projects and new business pitches.
It’s essential that the AD promotes the company teams values and ambitions to clients, contractors and AM’s, AE’s and graduates working in their team
Skills & Experience required
· Excellent understanding of current TV, VOD, Cinema & Radio trading and marketplace.
· Prior history of working on audited accounts
· Detailed topical knowledge of relevant media news and developments
· Experience in late money negotiation
· Clear understanding of the intricacies of the TV trading market
· Excellent knowledge of TV trading calculations and the market mechanics
· Financial and commercial awareness including client profitability
· Obtaining maximum value for clients budgets in all media negotiations leveraging added value where possible
· Experienced in mentoring and developing junior staff members
· Experience of working with & managing communications planning teams to deliver plans and projects relevant to client group
· Ensuring strong professional relationships are formed with Auditors and other specialist partners where appropriate
· Advanced skills in Powerpoint, Excel, Word and on systems including DDS & other TV planning tools, ideally use of Navigator systems
· Excellent written, oral presentation and analytics skills
· Ability to prepare and deliver clear and concise presentations both internally and to clients
· Excellent negotiation skills.
· Exceptional organisational, analytical and numerical skills
· Excellent day to day client handling skills
· Positive outlook and proven ability to handle pressure.
· Ability to think on feet to provide fast planning responses to client / comms planning.
· Enthusiasm to contribute to new business pitches.
· Proven ability to build strong inter-company relationships.
· Creative, open mind and able to ‘think outside the box.’
· Ambition for self-development and progression.
· Enthusiasm and awareness of broadcast issues in the trade press.
· Demonstrate knowledge and integration of our ambition and values.