Our client is at the core of everything they do. They believe their agency is only as successful as the people behind the name. Currently, they have an opportunity for an energetic and curious individual who is looking to further their management experience across a range of interesting clients. An ideal Manager will do and try things differently to develop innovative media plans. They will always be looking for innovative and creative ways to improve negotiation strategies to extract greater value from the market.
The Client Communications Planning manager is responsible for delivering channel strategies that are grounded in consumer insights that deliver on client objectives. Contribute to driving mutually beneficial client relationships, and the maintenance and growth of client performance scores.
- Build/ maintain strong client relationships through best in class client servicing
- A good understanding of the client category, e.g. market share, purchase barriers, key competitors
- Engage and coordinate internal specialised services to contribute to better communications planning, specifically strategy and research, but any relevant specialism
- Be an advocate for innovation, identifying first to market opportunities to drive brand growth
- Actively drive the re-application of consumer learnings in campaign development
- Perform analysis of media consumption and media trending developments using appropriate tools
- Communicate competitive and media developments in client categories and act on them as appropriate
- Collaborate with and lead internal and external partners to develop best in class communication solutions
- Accurate and regular competitive reporting, and budget controls
- Maintain a high level of quality control on all outputs to client, meeting all agreed deadlines
- Coach/ mentor CCP Executives
- Ensure broader team are across client results and business updates
- Attend WIPs with client and communication partners and assist in delivering the action points
- Attend internal WIPs, issue the summary of next steps and assist in delivering the action points
- Attend and participate in CCP meetings
- Embrace the company Behaviours
- Uphold client confidentiality at all times
- Actively identify organic growth opportunities
- Identify revenue opportunities and describe the companies internal divisions to clients
- Continually involve internal business divisions with new business opportunities with existing clients
- Be aware of company/ network opportunities
- Be an advocate for the company’s brand
- Contribute work to industry awards submissions
- Contribute to revenue through sound management of the process
- Provide input for budget forecasting
- Manage client budgets effectively and accurately
Skills and Experience
- Strong media planning principles (e.g. scheduling and flighting; recency and effective reach theories, seasonality, market prioritisation, roles of various communication channels)
- First class systems knowledge and application, including Roy Morgan ADQuest, and working knowledge of ETAM and other planning tools
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Critical analysis of all Survey/market data ensuring informed planning decisions.
- Strong financial and numerical astuteness.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy.
- Competent in all Microsoft office software.
- Good understanding all key mediums and how the marketplace impacts media planning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills