Our client is one of the world’s leading media agencies, specialaising in Media Planning and Buying, Accountability and Insights. With a pedigree in TV, print, outdoor and direct, our Client has pioneered return on investment in new media too. So, whether utilising search, social networking or any other digital channel, they provide the same insight and accountability that has come to be expected as part of our Client’s service.
Our client’s network comprises of 4,000+ people working in 100+ offices in around 90 countries and they work with the World’s most prestigious brands!
The Digital Investment Manager is responsible for the day to day running of the account, managing the implementing and execution of all the buying across the group.
- Create the strongest plans – by briefing suppliers with thoroughness and consistency to achieve the best digital opportunities for clients.
- Accountable for the delivery against the digital trading strategies.
- Responsible for the buying performance and delivery of the team, pre-tracking through to post analysis reporting with learning’s and insights to be presented to the client. (At least quarterly)
- Merchandise all elements of the buying process to clients (Pre buy, post analysis, market trends and developments, market developments and added value)
- Management of all the buying parameters, value and benchmarks (further discount from agency agreements, delivery, added value)
- Training and development of Executives and Assistants with support and management of the workload and quality of the team/product. maths, systems, basic negotiation.
- Active role in briefing media vendors with the IP&I Director, establish key relevance with appropriate level of seniority of media owners.
- Uses and understand (strengths and weaknesses) all the Implementation buying tools (Roy Morgan, Nielsen, R+F)
- Competent in evaluating and negotiating all media with all the vendors.
- Responsible for the activation of the media plan and bringing the big idea to life
- Accountable for the teams financials; budget control, contract management, account queries and pro-formas
- Ensures all processes employed by the IPI team are SOX compliant.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates well developed media buying/negotiation skills.
- Solid knowledge of the digital media marketplace
- Effectively communicates internally and with clients
- Ability to build valued relationships with clients and CCP teams
- Developing management skills
- Demonstrates financial and numerical astuteness.
- Problem solving mentality
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to analyse trends and data to create negotiation platforms.
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy.