Our client is at the core of everything they do. They believe their agency is only as successful as the people behind the name. Currently, they have an opportunity for an energetic and curious individual who is looking to further their management experience across a range of interesting clients. An ideal Director will do and try things differently to develop innovative media plans. They will always be looking for innovative and creative ways to improve negotiation strategies to extract greater value from the market.
The Investment Director is responsible for leading the implementation planning and buying function across all media channels with overall responsibility for the workflow and quality control in the group.
- Manages and leads Implementation planning and buying function across all channels; converting thinking and ideas into media plans.
- Will be responsible for the media plan from the hand over from Comms Planning through to execution. Fine tuning budget allocation, weights, phasing, title/channel/site mix with creation of the media plan.
- Competent use of core Implementation tools (MWare, Matrix, MAllocator, Roy Morgan, Adex, Move, SMI, Pinergy etc)
- They lead the client and media vendor relationships for all implementation and Investment
- Accurate forecasting and visibility of client expenditure across all major channels to contribute to value control, discount and contract management, agency deals and OMIs.
- Ensures there is consistent and regular report and review across their portfolio. (Regular buying reviews, weekly updates and merchandising the company’s performance across all their clients business
- Build the strongest and deepest media owner relationships – not just with sales teams but across all departments to get access to the best ideas, to enable the company to transfer strong ideas from one medium to another. Foster senior media vendor relationships.
- Works collaboratively with Comms Planning, Strategy and other teams to develop media solutions and develop initiatives.
- Tracks contract share delivery for their portfolio and ensure that these are aligned with company committments.
- Supports/leads the benchmarking process with the use of Matrix to deliver price, quality and manage value effectively.
- Leads the client relationships from an Implementation planning and Investment perspective, ensuring that client servicing is first class.
- Ensures and overseas workflow and resource allocation in the group.
- Responsible for the training and development of all managers, executives and assistants in the group.
- Responsible for delivery of client PRIs, price and quality delivery, FMM audited deliverables plus any other commercial elements in the client contract.
- Support/lead the Investment on any new business responsibilities
- Supports the Head of Invstmennt on all major client contract negotiations.
Skills and Experience
- First class implementation skills with the ability to translate a strategy/communication plan into a media plan.
- Complete understanding of the macro trends in the marketplace with regards to revenue, supply, Innovation and development.
- Good understanding of all media channels and with knowledge of strengths and weaknesses, with the ability to sell in new ideas to clients
- Highly numerate with first class negotiation skills.
- Articulate a point of view/opinion on trends/developments in the marketplace.
- Be able to construct negotiation strategies to deliver on clients objectives.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Understands and demonstrates market knowledge and expertise with use SMI, MOVE, Matrix and other systems.
- Demonstrates selling skills with the ability to sell in media plans/initiatives to clients.
- Strong relationships with all senior media vendors (GSMs to Sales Directors)
- Results driven with responsibility for all delivery of all clients results.
- Demonstrate leadership skills at all time