Our Client seeks a creative, energetic and resourceful Marketing Manager to join their UK office.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate marketer to help build a new brand, along with evolving two already strong brands in the marketplace. They are looking for creativity and outside of the box thinkers. With a large executive team that has stayed with the company for 8+ years – almost unheard of in the ad tech space our clients culture is a unique combination of creativity, ambition, smarts and a keen flexibility to adapt to a rapidly changing marketplace. We are looking for strong team players who want to change the advertising landscape with our client.
About the team
The Marketing Manager is part of the global marketing team reporting into the Vice President Marketing & Communication who is based in New York. Supported by a US marketing team, this role is a standalone and will partner closely with the UK management and sales teams as well as provide marketing support for their German team.
About the role
The Marketing Manager responsibilities encompass developing and executing corporate marketing plans to achieve internal/external promotional strategies, PR efforts, event sponsorships and promotional gifts.
• Assist in the development of marketing plans and lead on European execution of these plans
• Manage and clearly articulate product positioning, messaging, collateral and promotion goals and strategies to internal sales teams and executives
• Work with appropriate marketing team members to develop and execute internal and external communications plans and materials
• Work cross functionally with product teams, sales teams, and management to serve as a center of knowledge and excellence for all marketing strategies and sales products
• Facilitate product training and sales aids
• Manage email marketing calendar and social media accounts
• Execute successful on and offline marketing campaigns in partnership with our PR Agency
• Manage event sponsorships from start to finish – includes deep knowledge of relevant industry events, managing sponsorship levels, collateral and all logistics
• Monitor competitive product lines and industry research to determine opportunities for new features and messaging in order to increase market penetration for assigned products
• Keep up-to-date on new developments and trends to understand customer and market needs for assigned products
• Ensure all messaging is aligned with group strategy
Desired skills and experience:
• Ability to project manage and measure ROI of marketing activities
• Knowledge of digital media and analytics
• Creativity and a knowledge of what’s hot in the market
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
• Ability to be able to shift priorities within a dynamic environment
• Possess the skills to establish strong relationships with different teams to be able to work cross functionally
• Brand focused with good strategic thinking skills and the ability to develop relevant creative ideas.
• Excel at writing copy and enjoy developing compelling stories for internal and external communications.
• Confident and proactive approach to working as part of a small team.
• Ambitious with a can-do attitude and a passion for delivering great communications solutions.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related is desirable
• Strong previous experience to encompass above responsibilities
• Previous digital advertising experience required. Agency experience a plus.
• Detail oriented, organised and has strong communication skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Powerpoint, and Excel