Our client is the trading desk for on of the largest media agencies. Currently leveraging technology, advertiser data and data partnerships to drive value and efficiencies in media buying and building insightful audience models. They deliver the science of targeting whilst balancing the art of engagement.
This role will be instrumental for providing strategic guidance and recommendations to the UK trading team on improving campaign performance and identifying opportunities. The core role for this position is efficient and accurate analysis of UK campaign activity, data management and services, ensuring maximum value and ROI for our clients. The successful candidate will have data analysis, audience data management, reporting experience. Experience in digital media is preferable.
Our structure allows for an opportunity to take on a great deal of responsibility from the outset and the right candidate will manage a new team within the company. The successful candidate will be a highly analytical individual, with complete comfort with and fascination in data.
Key responsibilities are to:
- Help and be part of the development of the company as a market leader
- Help grow and manage the company’s Optimisation and Analytics department
- Identify and interpret patterns, trends, interactions and results across campaign data.
- Grid, interpret, understand and predict campaign performance.
- Provide recommendations for improving current campaign set up to be used across the UK media trading activity
- Provide top level and deep insight reporting and analysis for clients and senior team.
- Performance test proposals with a focus on deep insight post campaign analysis
- Gain insight of 1st and 3rd party audience data using the company’s data platforms when available.
- Provide feedback and suggest improvements to current workflow and processes
- Help building and maintaining internal Knowledge Base and Client Service Portal
Essential attributes of successful candidate – role related
- Ability to identify client’s business objectives
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to pre-empt issues and be pro-active in producing solutions
- Ability to identify gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising means of remedying such gaps
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- Aptitude to build and maintain strong working relationships
Essential ‘personal’ qualities valued by the company
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize
- Detail oriented
- Immaculate interpersonal skills
- Self-esteem, confidence and strength of character – assertive without being aggressive
- Able to work as an individual and within a flexible team
- Quick to learn, and keen to develop – there will be plenty of opportunity!
- Ability to influence people to provide what you require while maintaining good relationships
- Capacity to work under pressure
- Passionate about technology and data
Qualifications/professional/technical skills and knowledge/experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel (VBA) skills
- Ability to work with large datasets and database. Familiarity with Data mining and Analytics Methods and Tools (e.g. R, MATLAB, SAS)
- Proven experience of the ability to communicate with business and technical personnel.
- Expert knowledge of data extraction, data mining and analysis tools.
- Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, CS, EE or other quantitative areas, or relevant experience
- 4-5 years experience in data analyst role
- Have strong ability to apply statistics, mathematical and algorithmic expertise to solve marketing problems