Our client is one of the world’s leading media agencies, specialaising in Media Planning and Buying, Accountability and Insights. With a pedigree in TV, print, outdoor and direct, our Client has pioneered return on investment in new media too. So, whether utilising search, social networking or any other digital channel, they provide the same insight and accountability that has come to be expected as part of our Client’s service.
Our client’s network comprises of 4,000+ people working in 100+ offices in around 90 countries and they work with the World’s most prestigious brands!
Our Client is looking to add further support to one of our largest teams with the addition of a Manager. If you enjoy challenging media, client and media owners to achieve the very best delivery of all campaigns, if you strive to be innovative and push boundaries, and if you want to work in a fun and vibrant company then this opportunity may be perfect for you.
- The Planning and Investment Manager is accountable for the implementation of all buying strategies, they are responsible for the entire buying process across all media channels (TV, print, radio, cinema and outdoor) from booking the plan to post report buying review, ensuring that the core principles of the buying process are being applied.
- Digital is currently being integrated into Planning and Investment, the Manager will in time be expected to add the buying of digital with offline.
- Work with the Planning and Investment Director to develop the very best implementation plans.
- They are responsible for all campaign updates and the merchandising all elements of the buying to clients -Pre campaign synopsis, final buy, weekly tracker, post analysis and apply any learning’s to future campaigns.
- Pro-active in communicating market trends, developments or any changes that will impact any buying performance to the clients.
- Accountable for the teams financials; budget control, contract management, account queries and pro-formas.
- Training and development of executives and assistants with support and management of the workload and quality of the team, product, maths, systems and, basic negotiation.
- Active role in briefing media vendors with the Planning and Investment and Communication Director, establish key relevance with appropriate level of seniority of media owners.
- Responsible for updating their clients (outlined) benchmarking performance each month in the Planning and Investment meetings (CPMs, Average TARPS, positioning)
- Uses and understand all the Implementation buying tools (Roy Morgan, ETAM, Matrix, MWARE plus others where relevant) and applies the rigour to all media plans.
- Competent in evaluating and negotiating all media with all the vendors. Negotiations over $1m will be done in conjunction with the Planning and Investment Director or Heads as and where relevant.
- Accountable for the teams financials; budget control, contract management, account queries and pro-formas. Ensures that all the checks and balances are in place to ensure no financial errors.
- 100% supportive of the Planning and Investment Director and Heads of department.
- A passionate Media Champion (on their allocated medium) who leads and supports the team sharing knowledge with the broader Investment Team in the weekly Planning and Investment meetings. They will be the go-to person on their allocated medium and will present regularly in the Friday meetings
- Ensures all processes employed by the Planning and Investment team are SOX compliant.
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrates well developed media buying/negotiation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the media marketplace with the use of tools such as Matrix and SMI to demonstrate understanding.
- An appetite and aptitude for analysis that helps to truly understand the market. An ability to analyse trends and data to create negotiation platforms.
- Effectively communicates.
- Developing management skills.
- Demonstrates financial and numerical astuteness.
- Problem solving mentality.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy.
Personal qualities and behavioural traits (what do our behaviours come to life in your area of expertise?)
- Planning and Investment Manager will challenge the media vendors to get the very best value from the market.
- Relentless pursuit of excellence across the development and delivery of all media plans. Best in class attention to detail.
- Energetic and curious individual who is always looking to do and try things differently to develop innovative media plans. Always looking for innovative and creative ways to improve negotiation strategies to extract greater value from the market.
- Collaborative team player that supports the Planning and Investment Director and direct reports while working closely with Communications Team.