The Sales Development Manager is responsible for the building the business by selling the company’s products and services to ostensibly brand owners but will have a role in building out the business profitably to media owners and other marketing communication agencies with whom the company is not currently trading, that want prizes and rewards.
The SDM will work closely with the company’s Commercial Director (‘GCD’), Heads of Department and Code String Management (Digital solutions team) who each can contribute to providing the right solution that any prospective client might require.
However it will need the successful candidate to be able to identify the business prospects, develop an understanding of their needs and sell them the appropriate products and services offered by the company.
It is essential that the candidate can think ‘creatively’ to be able to adapt the company’s product offering into solutions that the client can buy.
To maximise business opportunities and profitable revenues across the company’s service areas, specifically:
- To produce a minimum of £250K new business GP in year 1.
- Meet agreed activity and GP revenue objectives. Proactively establish new business relationships with direct clients, agencies, media owners and other partners.
- Achieve 5 face to face new business meetings per calendar month.
- Establish and agree KPIs with senior management. Develop new business strategies and sales initiatives. Contribute to business planning and objective setting processes.
- Develop and sell service solutions to clients in line with business goals.
- Seek out and participate in formal RFP / RFQ opportunities.
- Represent the best interests of the company, its products and services in a professional, honest and ethical way. Support company trade marketing efforts, industry and company events.
- Maximise ROI from any investment of company funds and ensure responsible use of company assets.
- Ensure administration and correspondence is carried out accurately to a high standard.
- To demonstrate a passion for service together with a high level of professionalism. To embrace change, new thinking and treat clients, colleagues and suppliers with respect.
- To participate and contribute fully to the entrepreneurial, ideas and service driven culture of the business and have fun!
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant business development experience in either an incentive business or marketing communications agency.
- Positive, creative, service and sales driven outlook.
- Used to working with a variety of organisations and a wide product mix.
- Excellent communication, creative and selling skills.
- Competent with MS Office applications.
- Hold current driving license and passport. No criminal convictions