|The ClientOur client is one of Australia’s largest Global Media Agency and has a broad range of prestigious clients on board. This allows them to push the boundaries on creativity, innovation in everything they do. This agency has a strong Digital offering and they are driven by their vision to explore new possibilities, challenge ordinary thinking and deliver exceptional results.
- You report directly to the National Head of Digital
- You have a team (Account Director, Senior Account Manager, Account Managers, Planner/Buyers, Assistants) reporting directly to you
- You are expected to manage your team and their output as well as co-ordinate any specialist business unit (SBU) services that are being deployed on your accounts
- You will work in collaboration with the appropriate Business Director (BD) , SBU, Strategy and Trading leads to deliver the best communication solution for your client, whilst managing your accounts as profitably as possible
- Inspirational Insights and Strategy through Vision
- A Data, Performance and Analytics (DPA) approach in every seat in the agency to deliver greater efficiency and results
- Digitally integrated approach to account management, implementational planning, and trading
As an Interactive Director you will play a critical role in attaining this ambition across all of our client’s Digital clients. You will be at the center of creating channel-neutral Interactive solutions.
The Interactive Director’s primary goal is to work with all of the digital business units and Business Management to establish, present & deliver a digitally agnostic strategy that fits the client’s objectives. These solutions will not be a one size fits all and they will need to consider the client’s capabilities and digital sophistication during this assessment.
You are tasked with running your clients’ digital P&L to ensure adequate allocation of resource, and working with the BD’s to identify and secure additional revenue opportunities, when appropriate for your clients. You will work collaboratively with the relevant business divisions to ensure full integration of all relevant digital communications channels into client plans
As the guardians of your clients’ media strategies you are responsible for coordinating other Interactive disciplines or SBU’s in your client delivery. You should also have strong relationships with media owners and understand the opportunities available beyond pure display solutions. You should have a strong appreciation of the roles of sponsorship, branded content, direct response and research in communication planning, and foster great relationships with key personnel within these disciplines. You will also need to develop a thorough understanding of PPC, SEO, Branded Content strategy, and social, and be able to communicate the specific marketing solutions these channel provide in their execution to deliver on clients’ business and marketing objectives.
The Interactive Director is required to demonstrate extensive experience and knowledge of digital marketing and digital media strategies, including the use of SEM, social, mobile and third party data and technology solutions. You should be able to demonstrate to your client how all communication channels interrelate, and need to be harnessed in an integrated way, providing a single campaign view to deliver optimal marketing results.
You should have proven experience in managing senior client and third party/agency relationships with confidence, as well as co-ordination of internal business units.
The Interactive Director is responsible for:
- Effective ownership of the relationships with senior clients, other agencies and other markets.
- Overseeing the creation of 360 degree Interactive communications plans that build from the core insight developed with the strategist assigned to each individual client
- Co-ordination of the core client Interactive team, their time management and task delegation
- Managing your clients’ overall Interactive P&L
- Business poise which earns confidence of external and internal stakeholders
- The development and coaching of your Account Director and junior members of your team.
- Represent the company in industry meetings and in the trade press where appropriate