The successful candidate will be working for an awarding winning business at the forefront of the media industry. In this position, you will be working alongside client account teams, the trading community and other specialist services within the agency to plan and deliver communications campaigns. It will be your responsibility to ensure that Social plays a key part in this; ideating, developing, pitching and leading delivery of successful social campaigns. It will be up the the Senior Social Communications Manager to general new business and positively represent the agency. You will have experience managing a team a team of 4 and must have previous experience in doing so.
Clients you’ll work on
- Your client portfolio will vary depending on live projects and new business wins
- You must be up for a challenge, to work on a client or vertical you may not have worked in previously
- The Senior Social Manager will be responsible for helping to devise predominantly the social elements of campaigns and lead the management of medium to large scale campaigns
- Capabilities to do this includes:
- A* Client Management skills (pitching ideas, managing expectations leading meetings)
- Financial acumen (scoping jobs, managing head hours, invoicing)
- Challenging the norm (pushing the boundaries, embracing new technology)
- Creativity (generating ideas, experience on Photoshop/Indesign)
- Strategic prowess (finding and harnessing insights, hitting business objectives)
- Attention to detail (reporting, execution)
- It’s very likely that you’ll be managing a team doing the bulk of the implementation, so will be required to clearly articulate and delegate tasks
- Campaigns will frequently involve working with partner agencies, such as Application Developers, Production Houses and Digital Agencies. The Senior Social Manager has the responsibility to work in accord with these agencies to ensure overall delivery of the social element of a campaign
- It would be advantageous to be familiar with tools such as Facebook Insights, Radian6, Photoshop, Hootsuite, Twitter ad manager
- Have client contact at appropriate levels of seniority, and build on the trust and respect within those clients to support the business.
- Internally, help manage upwards by being heard and forming direct relationships with all levels within the business
- Have an opinion!
- You will have a pool of clients, for which you will oversee a team delivering work
- Therefore, you should be comfortable and confident managing people
- You should also have prior experience professionally developing a team; writing KPIs, career development plans, reviews
- Be accountable for your productivity and the meeting of deadlines.
- Work in meetings efficiently – and ensure you are there on time.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Compliance with deadlines
- Interpersonal skills and style / Excellent telephone & email manner
- High energy and an approachable manner
- Team player