My client is a leading media agency based in Sydney. They are looking for a Social Director to lead one of their largest accounts.
The successful candidate will be working alongside client account teams, the trading community and other specialist services within the agency to plan and deliver communications campaigns. You will be responsible for ensuring Social plays a key part in this; ideating , developing and pitching leading delivery of great social campaigns. As Social Directory, you will be providing a level of ‘social media’ knowledge (to the broader agency) in the areas of communicate management, community building, social media planning and social media strategy.
In this role you will be directly managing a team of up to 5 members, having full responsibility on one of their largest brands. Collaboration is key, working closely with Digital, Insight and the Digital trading desk to drive revenue into these SBU’s.
- The Social Director is responsible for delivering best in class social media strategy, social media management on behalf of a prestigious client.
- Capabilities to do this includes:
- A* Client Management skills (pitching ideas, managing expectations, leading agency meetings)
- Strategic prowess (analysing data, finding and harnessing insights, hitting business objectives)
- Financial acumen (scoping jobs, managing head hours, forecasting and invoicing)
- Challenging the norm (pushing the boundaries, embracing new technology, proactively seeking out new opportunities)
- Creativity (generating ideas, leading ideation sessions, holistic thinking
- Attention to detail (reporting, execution, presentation)
- You’ll be managing a team doing the bulk of the implementation, so will be required to clearly articulate and delegate tasks
- You’ll be responsible for developing social strategy so a thorough understanding of major social channels; Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Google + as well as identifying upcoming channels and innovation is crucial
- The role requires close working relationships with wider agencies, including; creative, digital, PR, Promotions and in-store so effective cross agency collaboration will be required
- Campaigns will frequently involve working with partner agencies, such as Application Developers, Production Houses and Digital Agencies. The Social Director has the responsibility to work in accord with these agencies to ensure overall delivery of the social element of a campaign
- It would be advantageous to be familiar with tools such as Facebook Insights, Radian6, Social Bakers, Hootsuite, Twitter ad manager and Google analytics
- Have client contact at appropriate levels of seniority, and build on the trust and respect within those clients to support the business.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of technical competence and ability, particularly in the key areas of the role, but also working towards a greater understanding of other disciplines (e.g. Trading Desk, Insights & Research, Search, Direct, Mobile and Brand Science)
- Internally, help manage upwards by being heard and forming direct relationships with all levels within the business
- Continue to build your own knowledge and expertise in this area through self-education, research and attendance at training sessions (internal & external) and be able to apply and teach the principles taught with sound execution
- Monitor industry press, articles, research, and trend data relating to your area and provide feedback and updates into the clients, team and wider agency.
- Have an opinion!
- You will be responsible for managing a number of live campaigns at any given time, for which you will oversee a team delivering the work
- Therefore, you should be comfortable and confident managing people with the ability multi-task and prioritise workload
- You should also have prior experience professionally developing a team; writing KPIs, career development plans, reviews
- As a senior team member you’re expected to input into the wider growth and development of the team, including coaching and mentoring of junior members
- Always represent the agency in a positive and professional manner, both internally and externally
- Achieve and maintain a suitable level of autonomy, requiring minimum intervention on a day-to-day basis
- Be an effective and persuasive presenter
- Have well-developed written and verbal skills
- Be accountable for your productivity and the meeting of deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Compliance with deadlines
- Cultivate team-focused leadership, with an ability to delegate effectively
- Manage own time and workload effectively
- Develop accurate scoping of projects and tracking of hours effectively to maintain profitability.
- Interpersonal skills and style / Excellent telephone & email manner
- High energy and an approachable manner
- Team player