Job title: Strategy Director
Reporting to: Head of Strategy, Sydney
Purpose of the position
To develop best-in-class strategic recommendations for our clients. In so doing you should create brave content and connections solutions, build the organisation’s profile as an innovative agency, and deliver real business success for clients.
Put simply, you are a creative problem solver. You should bring a fresh perspective to any problem – always challenging yourself and those around you to connect thoughts & ideas in new ways.
Around 65% of your time will be spent working with specific clients. The rest will be flexible, to be spent on passion projects, new business, working with other strategists and product development.
- Consistently develop and deliver best-in-class strategic recommendations.
- Work closely with Culture & Insights to uncover unique and powerful insights.
- Work closely with Data Team to fuse together creativity and data-led insights.
- Provide clear and powerful direction for all communications.
- Sell in brave ideas backed up by sound strategic rationale.
- Ensure platforms have clear and well-articulated implications for connections and media planning.
- Play active role in ensuring research, strategy & planning processes are at the forefront of current thinking through product development.
- Develop (& support in the development of) pitch-winning strategic solutions.
- Be a champion of strategy, innovation & creativity in the agency.
- Contribute to the training and development of the agency in strategic thinking.
- Mentor those who express an interest in, or demonstrate ability for, communications strategy.
- Contribute to a strong culture of teamwork and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Contribute to the packaging and sharing of great work.
- Support commercial growth by unlocking opportunities for diversified services.
- Actively promote strategic vision and culture to external partners.
- Demonstrate thought leadership in the area of insights, strategy and connections planning,
- through contribution to trade press, industry events etc.
- Win awards and generate trade press coverage for campaigns.
- Write award entries and support in the development of campaign reels.
- Specific client responsibilities – TBC.
- Engage with senior clients beyond briefs – proactively solving business challenges.
- Develop positive relationships with integration leads at media companies.
Knowledge and skills
- High-level strategic and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to fuse creative and analytical thinking.
- Simplifying the complex to give absolute clarity of thought.
- Idea generation and concepting.
- In-depth knowledge of the connections landscape and how everything works together.
- Experience across a number of categories, planning cycles and portfolio management.
- Adept at building senior client relationships and understanding business needs.
- Strong presentation, communication and writing skills.
- Strong understanding of the organisation’s processes, business and ways of working.
Personal qualities and behavioural traits
- Hugely passionate champion of the strategic craft.
- Fun, enthusiastic, open-minded and collaborative.
- Relentless in the pursuit of innovative solutions to problems – both for clients and internally.
- Hungry to learn and continuously improve – and in turn share knowledge and help develop others.