Job title: Strategy Manager
Reporting to: Head of Strategy, Sydney
Purpose of the position
To develop best-in-class strategic recommendations for our clients, with the support of the Head of Strategy. In so doing you should create brave content and connections solutions, build the organisation’s profile as an innovative agency, and deliver real business success for clients.
Put simply, you are a creative problem solver. You should bring a fresh perspective to any problem – always challenging yourself and those around you to connect thoughts & ideas in new ways.
Around 65% of your time will be spent working with specific clients. The rest will be flexible, to be spent on passion projects, new business, working with other strategists and product development.
- Develop best-in-class strategic recommendations, supported by Head of Strategy (as required).
- Work closely with Culture & Insights to uncover unique and powerful insights.
- Work closely with Data Team to fuse together creativity and data-led insights.
- Provide clear and powerful direction for all communications.
- Sell in brave ideas backed up by sound strategic rationale.
- Ensure platforms have clear and well-articulated implications for connections and media planning.
- Play active role in ensuring research, strategy & planning processes are at the forefront of current thinking – supporting the team in product development.
- Support in the development of pitch-winning strategic solutions.
- Be a champion of strategy, innovation & creativity in the agency.
- Contribute to the training and development of the agency in strategic thinking.
- Contribute to a strong culture of teamwork and knowledge sharing within the team.
- Contribute to the packaging and sharing of great work.
- Support the organisation’s commercial growth by unlocking opportunities for diversified services.
- Actively promote strategic culture to external partners.
- Win awards and generate trade press coverage for campaigns.
- Support in the writing of award entries and the development of campaign reels.
- Specific client responsibilities – TBC.
- Engage with clients beyond briefs – proactively solving business challenges.
- Develop positive relationships with integration leads at media companies.
Knowledge and skills
- Solid strategic and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to fuse creative and analytical thinking.
- Simplifying the complex to give clarity of thought.
- Idea generation and concepting.
- Good knowledge of the connections landscape and how everything works together.
- Experience across a number of categories and client challenges.
- Adept at building client relationships and understanding business needs.
- Well rounded presentation, communication and writing skills.
- Strong understanding of the organisation’s processes, business and ways of working.
Personal qualities and behavioural traits
- Hugely passionate champion of strategic thinking.
- Fun, enthusiastic, open-minded and collaborative.
- Relentless in the pursuit of innovative solutions to problems – both for clients and internally.
- Hungry to learn and continuously improve.