|Our client empowers the online marketing professional with technology and services that enable advertisers and their agencies to make more efficient, effective and profitable marketing decisions across display, social, video, and mobile media.
In this critical role, the Trading Analyst, based in Melbourne, will design, launch, and manage campaigns using the company’s proprietary platform and optimisation engine, ensuring that campaigns meet and exceed performance goals. This position will be co-located with the client’s teams and requires strong client management and positioning skills. The Trading Analyst will be required to work across multiple stakeholders in the client organisation, collaborating with our strategic clients’ account teams to understand and implement campaign requirements on the front-end, managing optimisation within and across campaigns to meet client objectives, and translating the resulting performance and insights back out to clients. This person should not only have strong analytic skills, but also have strong general problem-solving skills to deal with new challenges as they arise, excellent communication skills to impart critical information to a broad non-quantitative audience, and enjoy working in teams.
This person is a power user of the company’s platform, consulting with clients on how to best achieve and exceed their objectives. In this critical role, the Analyst will become the trusted “go to person” for all partners associated with active campaigns and making sure day-to-day relationship communications and project details are executed flawlessly.
To be successful, you’ll need to use your left and right brain, frame technical solutions in their broader business context and have the passion to transform an industry.
Our client offers employees a generous benefits package which includes your choice of a new laptop and paid vacation.
- Become expert at using our clients proprietary media trading platform and analytics
- Provide inputs and guidance around campaign design, including requirements for success and optimal use of our client’s platform to achieve client goals
- Communicate campaign results to stakeholders and educate the client teams on programmatic campaign strategies and tactics
- Provide support for business growth by evangelising the platform at client meetings for new business, upsells, and renewals
- Partner with the client’s account managers to develop campaign strategies, determine feasibility of proposed campaign tactics and develop account plans for individual brands
- Implement and launch campaigns across our client’s supply & data partners, to ensure alignment with all requirements, constraints, and objectives
- Execute and oversee day-to-day optimisations across all campaigns and supply sources, including performance monitoring, identifying and implementing enhancements, issue identification and escalation
- Develop reporting dashboards and report on campaign metrics to key stakeholders
- Work with Account team to understand goals, address client needs, and communicate results and insights back to clients
- Work with Account and Supply teams to design and implement new capabilities (e.g., new supply & data sources, new media measurement techniques, etc.)
- Codify and share best practices across teams
- Provide subject matter expertise to the teams and clients, including joining Sales & Account meetings with clients
- Provide feedback and input for Product Development efforts
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, etc.). Advanced degree (MA or PhD) desirable but not required
- 1-2 years of experience applying analytics in a business environment (ideally in Media, Marketing, or Finance), e.g., marketing analysis, data mining, predictive modeling, customer segmentation, forecasting, econometric modeling, etc.
- 1-2 years of experience in a client-facing role, with a proven ability to present to client teams
- Experience working with large data sets and understanding of analytic methodologies for evaluating data
- Proven ability to think creatively about challenging analytic problems
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities, and pay strong attention to details
- Experience with marketing campaign design, campaign management, and analysis preferred
- Experience with or understanding of online advertising preferred
- Excellent communication skills – ability to distill key ideas for a non-mathematical audience
- Proven ability to work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, fun, and entrepreneurial environment
- Strong knowledge of MS Excel and familiarity with SQL or other data manipulation tools
- This position will require semi-regular interstate trips (10-20% of time)